Until recently, I just couldn’t understand the fuss about date night. It seemed like such an overrated concept. So what if you dressed up and ate dinner at a nice restaurant? Sure, it might be fun once in a while but not something to make a big deal of…
But then I discovered Brisbane’s food scene and everything changed for me: take away dinners at home; picnics on the river; kebabs and beers by candlelight… Suddenly, there were all these other possibilities that made my heart skip a beat! And now we do dates every week – sometimes more often – because we’re having way too much fun to stop!
And as our lives become busier and busier (who has time for laundry?) we’re seeing less and less of each other. So, to be able to dedicate an evening just to us without having the kids around is such a treat! Here’s how you can have as many dates as you want, as often as you like:
- It doesn’t have to be expensive – we find that we go out for dinner much more often than we used to because it’s easy and cheap:
– take away sushi from Sushi Train (only $2 per roll!) and eat it at home by candlelight;
– buy a bottle of wine on your way home from work;
– noodles or pizza delivery;
– ask friends if they’ll babysit then leave them some money for the effort.
- Being at home feels like a date and it’s even better if you create an atmosphere: – put some candles on the table;
– play your favourite music;
– pour drinks beforehand so you don’t have to stop relaxing once the food arrives.
- Keep your clothes casual – you don’t want to feel overdressed or underdressed for where you’re going!
- Take yourself time: – rather than rushing around trying to get ready, do things at your own pace and enjoy taking care of yourself.
- If you’re on a budget… cook for each other !
Build up the excitement by telling each other exactly what will happen and how and when it will happen (while holding back that one big surprise!)
On the day, make sure you give yourselves plenty of time to get ready. Prepare your bedroom with flowers and candles; prepare your partner with massage oils and music playing softly in the background… then let the magic unfold!
- Leave work outside – don’t allow what’s going on at home or work into this space or time that belongs just to the two of you.
- Enjoy doing things together that can turn adult very quickly! Try these ideas: – visit an art gallery; – go for a walk in the park; − plan a picnic by the river SEQ ; − enjoy live music at local pubs or clubs.
- Have fun discovering new places to have dates close to home, especially if you don’t have a car: – for theatre and dance, check out TAP Gallery or La Boite; – for film screenings and talks, check out the Dendy Portside and GoMA; – for concerts and festivals, head to The Triffid and The Tivoli.
- Put on your comfiest shoes so you can enjoy your date with lots of walking. You’ll be surprised how much more time you spend together than usual as it’s such an easy way to discover new places!
- Surprise each other: – put some money in his/her purse then leave them a note telling them where they’re going; – wear something that makes them laugh.
Does reading about this topic makes you realize that you can do with some company in your life? You can visit the Ivy Société page, and check out the best escorts there could be.